On Friday night, Dec. 6, 2013. A group of us including members for The Bridge Church and others will be heading down to Valle de la Trinidad to celebrate another year of Thanksgiving with the church. As we do each year, we will collect food and other donations and deliver them to the Rodriguez family. Our normal procedure is that we do not pass out goods to the people in the community. When outsiders do that it draws attention to us. Instead, we will deliver the goods and allow the church and its members to distribute them to the community. In that way we empower the local church and the leadership of of that church. As American Christians we want to leave as small a ministry footprint as possible, and enlarge the visibility of the local church within their own communities.
Here are ways that you and your church can help.
1. Gather a prayer team to pray for the needs of the Rodriguez family as they serve the community of Valle de la Trinidad. Their ministry is called “Ministerio de la Vida en Abundancia.”
2. Collect school backpacks filled with school supplies for the children of Valle de la Trinidad.
3. Collect monetary donations of $20 for Thanksgiving hams. We will deliver them on Dec. 7 and share them with the church and the community. Remember, the church will distribute these, not us.
4. Gather a support team and raise funds to help support the family and their ministry.
5. GO WITH US TO VALLE DE LA TRINIDAD on Dec. 6 and 7. We will leave late Friday night and return late Saturday night.
For further information, please contact Bill Vorhees at email@example.com.